EXPLORE MOVEMENT FROM DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES
21-27 OF JUNE 2021
Can you relax while being upside down or is constant muscle tension necessary? Does flexibility help me to reach the handstand? How can I overcome my fears of being on my hands? Does working in pairs allow me to challenge my limits? How do I learn to land on the ground and how do I use the energy to ‘restart’?
How many questions arise when turning the body upside down!
How do I answer them, or rather maintain a curious, disciplined but not strict, focused but not ‘stressed’ attitude in the discipline of acroyoga, verticalism or acrobatics?
Exploring movement from different perspectives is the ‘journey’ where Filippo and Silvia will bring you trough these 7 days intensive workshop!
Retreat content includes:
- Introduction to the basics of ACROYOGA
- Acroyoga Transitions and Acro Flow in pairs
- Acro-movement, easy standing acro and partnering ACROBALANCE
- Movement exploration & elements of ACRODANCE
- Flow in Inversions, HANDSTAND & ANIMAL LOCOMOTIONS
- “Flexy” FLEXIBILITY and deep stretching
- “Floreio” acrobatic elements inspired by CAPOEIRA
- Thai Massage elements in pairs.
- Physical preparation, also through group games
- Physical preparation /flexibility / handstand
- Short sequences of movements combining and incorporating handstands, basic acrobatics and dance elements (prerequisites: flips, wheels, weight shifts to hands)
- Functional stretching inspired by yoga
- Final relaxation moment
- Accommodation in shared or private room
- Buffet breakfast every day and delicious organic dinners (water and unlimited Sicilian wine)
- 1 daily morning yoga class
- full workshop program
What’s not included
- Airport transfers
- City of Ispica city tax 1 EUR per night per person
- Optional and extra activities
- Transportation costs
- Travel insurance
Meet your teachers
Former gymnast as a child, Silvia develops through the years curiosity and passion for movement as an endless research of creativity, fluidity, strength, and expression. Merging different elements from dance to yoga, from hand to hand to partnering, from handstand to animal flow Silvia gives a creative approach to her classes. It all starts within [...]
Hyperactive and enthusiastic child in his youth, Filippo was channelling his energy into different areas of movement, first with skateboarding and snowboarding, he met capoeira at the age of 17, falling in love with rhythm, freedom of expression and acrobatic physicality. In 2012, his travels around the world led him to Zero Gravity in Milan, [...]