shared / private room
100hrs online + 100hrs residential retreat
900€ (online format); 1498 euro residential module from April 23 to May 2
It covers well beyond the 200 hrs requirements set by Yoga Alliance, since we believe that becoming a teacher capable of sharing yoga requires commitment, passion and energy (and definitely more than 200 hrs of study). Hence, our program is really a 4-months course of study. During the non-contact weeks, you will be tutored by the teachers, and you will have time to read, teach, and study at your own pace.
The first 100 hours of our 250 hours Teacher Training, Path of Yoga module, can be completed online with live classes on Zoom platform.
The final schedule will be published in November 2020, however we can anticipate that you will have 3 sessions per week + access to live yoga classes and recorded videos. If you cannot come to the live classes (which we highly recommend) then you can watch the recordings of the classes which will be available until March 30th.
Most of the classes will cover:
• history and philosophy of yoga
• Marketing, social media and business set up.
You will be required to send homework in the format of video of yourself teaching- which is an invaluable learning tool. Virtual mentoring from our teachers is probably one of the strongest assets of this course and will help you grow as a yogi and as a teacher.
SOME PLUS OF GOING ONLINE
The classes you cannot make online will be recorded for you to view within the end of April.
The training covers the following topics:
- Sequencing: how to create creative and anatomically sound vinyasa flows for specific target areas/ peak poses Introduction to the ethics and practical aspects of hands-on assists.
- Use of cues and verbal instruction.
- Pranayama: theory and practice.
- Functional anatomy. Drawing from the work of Paul Grilley, you will learn the most important 14 skeletal segments and 10 myofascial tissues that you need to be familiar with to create anatomically sound flow sequences and understand skeletal variations and their application to yoga poses.
- A through and comprehensive overview of the development of Indian philosophies, religions and spiritual practices. The lectures cover contemporary academic debates, and resources are shared widely, to empower the students to further continue to study on their own.
- Study history and philosophy with an academic approach (our lead teacher is MA in Yoga Studies).
- Plenty of practice teaching time with feedbacks for improvement.
4 months mentorship with our teachers who will guide you through the process of bringing yoga into your life and becoming a skillful teacher.
- An amazing sangha, a community of likely minded people who will be your spiritual nest.
During the days between the first online session and second residential retreat the students have to submit short videos of themselves teaching simple sequences. They will receive feedbacks from the teacher for the videos they send, which is an invaluable tool of growth, since it helps tremendously the student to polish their cues, improve the energetic alignment expressed in the poses and their overall sequencing ability.
The students keep in touch between themselves through a private Facebook group which is a great platform to share, inform and grow our community.
In between the first online session and second week the students are required to collect 20 hrs of teaching. We strongly encourage the students to teach family members, friends or for free at local community centers to get practical experience teaching diverse populations.
The students need to keep a journal of the sequences they teach and possibly film the classes so that they can watch them afterwards for feedbacks. Students are welcomed to share their teaching experiences in our private facebook group.
This training is registered with Yoga Alliance.
In order to get the full 250 hours certification, it is mandatory to participare in both the course modules.
The module can be completed in 2 years; if you only take one of them you will receive a certificate of completion of 100 hours.
You will get a 200hrs Yoga Alliance accreditation once you have successfully completed the requirements.
If you are interested in deepening your knowledge of yoga way beyond just the physical practice, please reach out email@example.com to Ameriga and let her know about your interest.
The Yoga program is directed to people passionate about yoga, it fits for all levels of practice and will be held in english.
WRITE US FOR INFO – we will follow up with you to let you know what’s happening, and send you more details on the program: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ameriga Giannone is the main teacher at Floripa Yoga & Kitesurf House. Ameriga, E-RYT500, MSc in Anthropology and Development (London School of Economics) and MA in Yoga Studies (University of Venice), is an avid student of Eastern Philosophies and soteriological disciplines since a young age. Feeling a strong attraction to Asian cultures, she pursued her […]