shared or private room
22nd - 29th August 2020 (7 nights/ 8 days)
starts from 1057 euro
This module covers:
- Ethics of hands-on adjustments.
- Intentions and Functions of hands-on assisting.
- Stages to offer assists that are safe and effective.
- Skeletal variations and how they apply to families of asanas and yoga poses.
- Understanding the difference between compression and tension and applying it when “correcting” students.
- Asana Labs: in-depth study of postures, that address their functions, and hence ways to modify, offer hands-on adjustments, prop use and kramas by level.
- Learn to assist over 40 postures from simpler to complex ones. This course covers most Primary Series adjustments and many second and third series assists, as well as vinyasa flow poses.
- Daily Vinyasa and Yin class.
Schedule (might vary slightly)
9.00-11.00 Bhakti Prema Vinyasa Class
with embedded workshop for advanced hands-on adjustments.
11.30- 13. 00 Asana Lab
16.00-17.00 Asana Lab
18.30- 20.00 Yin Yoga
20.00 – 21.30 Dinner
Ameriga, the lead teacher of this course, has practiced extensively Ashtanga Vinyasa and learned hands on adjustments by personally assisting Gregor Maehle and Monica Gauci, and also studying under Kamal Singh and, for vinyasa flow, under Shiva Rea.