9th - 16th March 2020
enquire at email@example.com
The “Living Yoga” module covers the following topics:
A comprehensive overview of the development of Indian philosophies, religions and spiritual practices. The lectures cover contemporary academic debates, and resources are shared widely, to empower the students to further continue to study on their own. Among the topics, we will cover:
- Indus Valley Religion: what we do not know about ancient yoga.
- Vedic period: the 4 Vedas.
- Second Urbanization and Shramana Orders: the Upanishads.
- Bhagavad Gita and the rise of devotional yoga.
- Yoga Sutras.
- The Tantras: scriptures and subtle body physiology (chakras, nadis etc.).
- The rise and development of Hatha Yoga.
- Swami Vivekananda, T. Krishnamacharya and modern postural yoga.
- Pranayama and Yogic meditation (pratyahara): theory and practice. The classes place emphasis on strengthening one’s self-practice. Several kriyas are explained and practiced.
Location: @SeyOm Yoga Seycelles
Infos at: firstname.lastname@example.org