Shared or private room (for the module in July/August)
Online course 700 euro
This 2020 module will be in virtual format!
Given the international travel restrictions we have decided to postpone “Awakening Somatic Intelligence” to July or August (we will confirm the new dates in the coming weeks) hoping that the travel restrictions are lifted by that time and keeping the same price (1288 euro) for shared room as it is in May (for single room options please check with Giusy at email@example.com ).
The GOOD news is:
The focus of this teacher training module will be on understanding the bio-mechanics involved in yoga poses and how to access a somatic experience through our postural practice. In this module we will also discuss how to guide our students into embodied experiences through our verbal guidance.
Most people come to yoga completely unaware of how deeply dis-embodied they are. Embodiment is the ability to get out of the prison of the thinking mind and instead experience the present moment through the feelings and sensations of the body.
Our societies have taught us to numb ourselves from bodily awareness and take permanent residency outside of the body and into the limited estate of our mind. Owing to that, we constantly analyze and dissect information, and when something happens to us, we go directly to the mind to make sense of it, usually having little awareness of how the body feels. Yoga practice brings us back into the present moment by working with embodiment.
Ameriga will teach the tenets of somatics and how to go beyond the body-mind split and reconnect with every moment as it is experienced by the body.
The online version of this module covers:
- In-depth study of the musculoskeletal system. In this course we cover anatomy and skeletal variations for the following joints:
- Skeletal variations and how they apply to families of asanas and yoga poses. Understanding the difference between compression and tension.
- Guiding a class: verbal cues and somatic experiences.
- Teaching asanas as an embodied form of spirituality: leading a vinyasa class as a somatic movement practice.
- Asana Labs: in-depth study of postures, that address their functions, and hence ways to modify, prop use and kramas by level.
- Practice teachings classes which will focus on refining one’s cues and direction of the class. Online this will actually be a great exercise because you will have to teach by looking at people in a screen and without demonstrating. I am sure it will take your instructions skills to the next level!
Please note that we will held the module in person in July/August only with a minimum of 5 people signed up.
- 10 May: Sunday Class 1 (8.00-13.00 CET)
- 12 May (19.00-21.30 CET)
- 14 May (19.00-21.30 CET)
- 17 May: Sunday Class 2 (8.00-13.00 CET)
- T 19 May (19.00-21.30 CET)
- T 21 May (19.00-21.30 CET)
- S 24 May: Sunday Class 3 (8.00-13.00 CET)
- T 26 May (19.00-21.30 CET)
- T 28 May (19.00-21.30 CET)
- F 29 May (19.00-21.30 CET)
- 31 May: Sunday Class 4 (8.00-13.00 CET)
- T 2 June (19.00-21.30 CET)
- T 4 June (19.00-21.30 CET)
- F 5 June (19.00-21.30 CET)
- 7 June: Sunday Class 5 (8.00-13.00 CET)
- T 9 June (19.00-21.30 CET)